‘Get Real, Get Better’
With MRP Training Solutions'
Introduction to Maritime C5ISR
It has never been more critically important for the United States military forces to manage up-to-the-minute information in order to make better decisions as quickly as possible. Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Mike Gilday outlines this top priority in Navigation Plan 2022:
“Generate Decision Advantage: Naval forces will out-sense, out-decide, and out-fight any adversary by accelerating our decision cycles with secure, survivable, and cyber-resilient networks, accurate data, and artificial intelligence. Connecting sensors, weapons, and decision-makers across all domains enables naval forces to mass firepower and influence without massing forces.”
The plan further states that modern naval warfare “requires integrated systems to manage the information necessary to generate decision advantage and close complex kill chains.”
C5ISR is the integrated system, technology, and processes that provide this capability to Navy forces. C5ISR is complex, multi-disciplined, and critical to our ability to dominate the battle space with a timely, accurate, precise, and targetable picture.
A ready, trained workforce is required to implement this technology and maintain superior capability.
In Navigation Plan 2022, Admiral Gilday also says:
“The Navy’s enduring asymmetric advantage is its workforce. We owe it to our people to create an ecosystem that recruits and retains diverse and technically skilled personnel, educates them to out-think our adversaries, trains them to work with new technologies, and provides them with the resources to prevail in competition, crisis, and conflict.”
For the Navy to meet this objective, we must properly train Sailors in all aspects of C5ISR. New operating concepts can only be fully developed when current operating concepts are thoroughly understood.
The problem is that current C5ISR training is incomplete. Each system is taught ad hoc, with training conducted in silos. There is no comprehensive, integrated course that provides a foundational understanding of the full scope of C5ISR, especially at the leadership level.
MRP Training Solutions has developed a course that addresses this issue. Introduction to Maritime C5ISR covers all aspects of this overarching system, integrating vocabulary, systems, technologies, and operational employment. This course is delivered in 24 hours in live and virtual classrooms by a master trainer and Subject Matter Expert with extensive technical and operational experience in the maritime domain.
Introduction to Maritime C5ISR
This course is built around a solid curriculum of current, relevant, and technically accurate information compiled and delivered by a true Subject Matter Expert with over 40 years of experience in C5ISR operations and instruction.
This informative course introduces the student to the vocabulary, organization, systems, technologies, and operational use of C5ISR in the maritime domain, including:
Command & Control Systems
- Global Command and Control System – Maritime/Joint GCCS-J/M
- Carrier – Tactical Support Center (CV-TSC)
- Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)
- Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC)
- Tactical Tomahawk Weapon Control System (TTWCS)
- Undersea Warfare Decision Support System (USW-DSS)
- Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2)
- Theater Battle Management Core System (TBMCS)
- Military SATCOM
- Commercial Broadband Satellite Program (CBSP)
- Wideband Global System (WGS)
- Mobile User Objective System (MUOS)
- Navy Multiband Terminal (NMT)/Digital Modular Radio (DMR)
- Terrestrial systems
Computers & Networks
- Consolidated Afloat Networking Enterprise System (CANES)
- Automated Digital Networking System (ADNS)
- Computer Network Defense (CND)
- Tactical Data Systems (Link-11/16/22)
- Afloat Platforms, Sensor Systems, Weapon Control Systems, and Embarked Airwings
- AEGIS Weapon System (AWS)
- Ships Self-Defense System (SSDS)
Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems
- ISR Platforms
- Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS-N)
Our interactive approach goes beyond one-way, instructor-focused training and provides for deeper comprehension through two-way engagement between the learners and the instructor. A variety of intensive opportunities to learn the application of C5ISR are presented through scenarios, presentations, or assessments. This immersive instructional environment includes student interaction to support a cohort of social learning.
MRP Training Solutions has been delivering training for the US Navy in various subjects for nearly 30 years. Since our start in 1995, we have trained well over 15,000 Sailors and Marines, including some foreign military members.
Three decades of experience have helped us discover the three most important ingredients in the secret sauce of great courses. These are:
- We have a team of instructional systems designers, curriculum developers, instructors, and program analysts who are experts in developing a course that focuses on quality for the customer.
- We’re one of the few companies with people specializing in instructional design and technical subject matter experts.
Subject Matter Experts
- The Introduction to C5ISR course was created by Subject Matter Experts with extensive military experience, education, unique knowledge, and decades of experience.
- Our lead course developer is one of the only people in the world with this much expertise. Including both his active duty service and training experience, he has been at the center of C5ISR development and operations for over 40 years. He’s not just a consultant. He’s writing the course.
- Our strong team of technical professionals is highly experienced and passionate about teaching.
- We always put the learner first.
The proof is in the feedback we receive from students
"Awesome instructor! Best and most impactful Navy course I've had so far!"
Click here to contact our team for more information
or to schedule a call to discuss Introduction to Maritime C5ISR.